Monday, 6 May 2013

Farm animals (trilingual post #2)

Another trilingual post, still just a few interesting words. The words will be in Japanese, English and Dutch. So, let's go onto the post.

Same disclaimer as always:
I'm not a teacher, I compile each of these posts by going by my own knowledge and they only reflect my own opinion. You should at all times think for yourself and not take any of what is said as the pure truth, I am after all human so I make mistakes too.


FARM ANIMALS

A bit further away from home this time, though I grew up amongst farms so these were words I learned early on. Enjoy!

Farm Animals
Japanese English Dutch
牛(ウシ) Cow Koe
羊(ヒツジ) Sheep Schaap
馬(ウマ) Horse Paard
山羊(ヤギ) Goat Geit
鶏(ニワトリ) Chicken Kip
雄鶏 (おんどり) Rooster Haan
豚(ブタ) Pig Varken
白鳥(ハクチョウ) Swan Zwaan

(edited: added rooster in Japanese as I missed that one.)

As always, any ideas for new posts are welcome.

Study on!

Kia



For those who have trouble reading Japanese, check out my Hiragana and katakana cheat table.

Those studying Dutch, words that are underlined are onzijdig and thus don't use de but het when you write them.